- What is ‘Sukiya’ in Japan
- History of ‘Sukiya’ in Japan
- Various Menus of ‘Sukiya’ in Japan
- Brief comments by webmaster
- Who like Japan !
- Who are interested in Japanese culture
- Who want to enjoy meals in Japan !
In this page, I would like to introduce ‘Sukiya’ in Japan.
You may get knowledge of ‘Sukiya’ in Japan, as well as Japanese have, after reading of this article. Have fun !
SHINTA+ / Japanese blog writer, born and raised in Japan, visited more than 20 countries, introducing Japanese culture to the world, with both domestic & international experiences.
What is ‘Sukiya’
quotation source :https://twitter.com/sukiya_jp/status/1087983857276805131?s=21
‘Sukiya’ is very famous and the largest Gyudon restaurant chain in Japan. ‘Gyudon’ is very popular Japanese cuisine, beef and onions on rice in the bowl. We can take ‘Gyudon’ both on the table and taking out, with very reasonable price at ‘Sukiya’. Dark red signboard is a trademark of ‘Sukiya’.
Basic information about ‘Sukiya’
- Largest Gyudon restaurant in Japan
- Gyudon, as beef bowl is main menu of Sukiya
- Take out menu is available
- It’s reasonable price
- Red colored signboard is a trademark of Sukiya
‘Sukiya’ provide ‘Gyudon’ with reasonable price in Japan !
History of ‘Sukiya’
quotation source :https://www.sukiya.jp/about/index.html
The first ‘Sukiya’ was opened in Yokohama in 1982. From 1990’s to 2000’s, ‘Sukiya’ was significantly developed. Especially, after the registration of stock market , growth was escalated. In 2008, number of restaurants was getting more than Yoshinoya and number 1 in Japan. As of 2020, there are 1946 of ‘Sukiya’ in Japan.
History of ‘Sukiya’
- 1982 Established in Yokohama city
- 1997 Listed in stock market
- 2007 Opened restaurant in all of prefectures in Japan
- 2008 Became largest Gyudon restaurant chain in Japan
‘Sukiya’ became the largest Gyudon Chain in Japan !
Various Menus of ‘Sukiya’
quotation source :https://pockeo.line.me/contents/brand/sukiya-30000054.html
‘Sukiya’ provides various menu in their restaurants, not only ‘Gyudon’, but also other meals like, curry rice, salads, pork, salmon, tunas, etc. There are also morning menu in ‘Sukiya’. As in most of ‘Sukiya’, there are tables with multiple seats, while other Gyudon restaurant have mainly with counter seats. We can enjoy meals in ‘Sukiya’ with variety of meals, with friends, family, etc.
Various menus in ‘Sukiya’
- Gyudon (Beef bowl)
- Other Donburi (Pork, salmon, tunas, on the bowl)
- Curry rice
- Set meals (Beef, Pork, salmon etc)
- Salads, Egg, Miso soup, etc
I often go ‘Sukiya’ with my family
In the end, I would like to summarize the points of this article as follows
- Largest Gyudon restaurant chain
- Established in 1982
- Gyudon, Curry rice, set meals, salads, are available
That’s all today.
How was the content today ?
Sukiya is the nearest Gyudon restaurant to my house. I often go there to have Gyudon and other menus. Compare with other Gyudon restaurant, there are variety of menus. So it’s helpful for my family, when there’s small conflict what we could have in lunch time.
In the end, thank you very much for your reading today and see you again !