Hello ! My name is shinta, Japanese blog writer, born and raised in Japan. I’m introducing real Japanese culture, from Japan to the world.
- to know what is ‘NTT docomo’ in Japan
- to know history of ‘NTT docomo’ in Japan
- to get bits of knowledge about ‘NTT docomo’ in Japan
In this page, I would like to introduce ‘NTT docomo’ in Japan
You may get knowledge of ‘NTT docomo’ in Japan, as well as Japanese have, after reading of this article. Have fun !
What is NTT docomo
quotation source : https://docomoshop.co.jp/akasaka/
NTT docomo is the service provider of mobile phone who has largest share, approximately 40% , with 80 millions of contracts in Japanese market. We call it as ‘docomo’ generally. Docomo has network of ‘docomo shop’ all over Japan. ‘docomo’ with red lower case letter is the logo of docomo.
Basic information about NTT docomo
- Mobile phone carrier in Japan
- Largest share in Japanese market
- Called as ‘docomo’ by Japanese
- ’docomo shop’ all over Japan
- Red lower case letter is the trademark
quotation source : http://history-s.nttdocomo.co.jp/list_mobile.html
NTT docomo was originally part of Japan Telegraph and Telephone Public corporation. They provided service of pager and car phone in initial stage. In 1993, as per government order, NTT docomo was separated from NTT. In 1999, the service ‘i mode (closed network for mobile phones)’ was started, which was innovative at that time.
History of NTT docomo
- 1968 Started service of pager as part of NTT
- 1979 Started car-phone service as part of NTT
- 1993 Separated from NTT
- 1999 Started service ‘i mode’
- 2013 Started sales of i phone
More information about NTT docomo
quotation source : https://dpoint.jp/guide/index.html
NTT docomo still try to develop new business field around mobile phone network in Japan. They started 5G service since 2020 and its network is expanded day by day. And NTT docomo provides various services, ‘d points’ ‘d-barai (payment service), shopping site, insurance, on demand video, etc. These are supported by users of docomo.
Various services by NTT docomo
- d barai (payment service)
- d point (loyalty program)
- d shopping
- d delivery (food delivery)
- d travel
In the end, I would like to summarize the points of this article as follows
We see docomo shops in city area.
- Largest mobile phone operator in Japan
- Started service in 1968
- Providing various services, payment, shipping, travel, etc
That’s all today.
How was the content today ?
Frankly speaking, I’m not a docomo user and have not used docomo in the past. However, half of my friends are docomo user and they enjoy service of docomo and never changing carrier. So I suppose service of docomo is totally nice.
In the end, thank you very much for your reading today and see you again !