With reading of this page, you will get above listed knowledges as well as Japanese have. I will be very glad if you could read this article to the end.
Thank you !
Tsuyu (Rainy Season)
From beginning of June, Japan is in a rainy season. It continues generally till mid of July. In start and end of season, government office, JMA (Japan Meteorological Agency) make declaration to people.
Bits of knowledge about ‘Tsuyu’
- Rainy season, from June to mid July
- JMA declare start/end of ‘Tsuyu’
- No rainy season in Hokkaido, north Japan
- Rainy season end in June in Okinawa island, south-west Japan
Mushiba Yobo day (Dental care day)
4th of June is the day, well known as ‘Mushiba Yobo day’ (Dental care day). On this day, lecture of dental care is provided in kindergarten, schools, etc. People pay attention to oral care.
Bits of knowledge about ‘Mushiba Yobo day’
- It’s 4th. June
- Lecture of dental care is made for children
- 4th-10th. June is ‘Oral care week’
- Local government, dentists support the activities for dental and oral care
Chichi no hi (Father’s day)
3rd Sunday in June is ‘Chihi no hi (Father’s day) in Japan. People express appreciation to father with small gifts. It’s less popular than Mother’s Day, however, everybody knows this event.
Bits of knowledge about ‘Chichi no hi’
- 3rd Sunday in June
- Appreciate usual support of father
- Less popular than Mother’s Day
- Various gifts are in the market, beer, shirts, ties, handkerchief, etc
Geshi (Summer Solstice)
‘Geshi’ is the day with longest daytime, in English, summer solstice. As it’s in rainy season, temperature is not in a peak, lower than July and August. Daytime is approximately 14.5 hours in Japan.
Bits of knowledge about ‘Geshi’
- Summer Solstice, longest daytime in a year
- It’s generally in rainy season ‘Tsuyu’
- Not in a peak of high temperature
- No specific widespread custom in this day
Although wether is generally not so good, many of wedding ceremonies are held in this month. The custom of ‘June Bride’ was imported from western country. And now well known in Japan.
Couple generally make reservation of wedding ceremony well in advance, half or one year before marriage. The ceremony is held mainly in Saturday or Sunday, to invite parents and friends.
In the end, I would like to summarize the points of this article as follows
That’s all today.
How was the content today ?
I hope you could find something new about Japanese life in June. If you have a opportunity to come to Japan in this month, please carefully observe Japanese people. I believe you can find the facts in line with the article.
In the end, thank you very much for your reading and see you again !